As a lot of frameworks, we have to create our own Apache Virtual Host to point to the public dir to improve security and only allow access to really public files.
Some people asked me to create a blog post about how to deploy Laravel application to a shared host, like my post about how to Deploying Zend Framework applications on a shared host.
Laravel file structure
A basic Laravel application has the same file structure:
- application/: your app files, like controllers, routes, models, views, tasks, etc
- bundles/: the bundle’s files you’ve installed for your app
- laravel/: the Laravel’s files
- public/: your public files
- storage/: files about cache, session, logs, etc
- artisan: the Laravel command line file
- licence.txt: licence file
- paths.php: file with paths information
- readme.md: just a readme file with Laravel instructions